Welcome to Birmingham! We're really starting to make waves in the health food scene and I love exploring the city to find the best and newest places to eat with amazing food, drink and atmosphere while still being health conscious! My favourite haunts have a relaxed and chilled vibe, somewhere I can spend hours without feeling pressured to move. Somewhere that serves great coffee and somewhere I can get something yummy to eat! Here are my top 5 healthy hangouts in Birmingham:
1) Windowbox Cafe is a lively and bustling cafe in Wylde Green. It has a huge open front that is gorgeous to sit at on a warm day. The menu ranges from Acai smoothies to good old poached egg on toast. They make a mean chai latte and always have a home made cake or muffin to offer! Try the quinoa porridge! Topped with berries, pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds it's one not to be missed! My lunchtime recommendation is the chicken skewers, served with warm pitta, hummus and salad it's super yummy and just enough!
THE JUICE HUT
2) The Juice Hut does exactly what is says on the tin and it does it well! Pure, raw cold pressed juices and smoothies. Pick your juice or smoothie from the menu and watch it be made. Blended with the freshest ingredients and always served with a smile! They have recently introduced a breakfast and lunch menu with a choice of toasties and bagels and freshly prepared healthy meals. Free wifi, cool furniture and a relaxed atmosphere, the place to spend the day with your laptop, juice and coffee on tap and friendly banter! Oh and the sweet potato brownies.......... yum!
3) U-juice serves THE best dragon fruit and acai bowls in Birmingham! Vibrant colours, all fresh ingredients, no powders or pastes and you can eat in or take away. They also offer a menu jam packed with smoothies and juices, from muscle smoothies to detox juices they do it all! Fresh Caribbean coconuts are also part of the menu for instant refreshment. It's a hidden gem so make sure you stop by.
4) 200 Degrees is a hip coffee shop nestled in Colmore Row in the city centre. From homemade granola slices to vegan cakes they serve yummy snacks to accompany your drink. Far from the chain coffee shops not only do they roast their own coffee and have a cracking story behind it but they also have their own barista school where they train the baristas of the future! The coffee (and almond milk matcha lattes) are next level and the venue is super cool, hosting the occasional pop up shop supporting the local businesses.
NATURAL HEALTHY FOODS
5) Natural Healthy Foods is one of Birmingham's newest and tastiest vegan eatery and shops. The shop stocks all your favourites from Ombar to tofu, kombuca to fresh veggies. And then there is the eatery.... A wall full of buffet fit for a king! From lentil dahl to roasted beetroot hummus, onion bread and creamy kale with ginger and miso dressing this is no boring, generic buffet. You grab a plate, fill it up, weigh it and eat! Hot and cold meals, smoothies, juices and last but not least the deserts. The raw key lime pie is simply divine if you still have room after all the yummy mains. And if you don't they also have take away boxes so you can take it home for later!
Where's your favourite healthy hang out? Let's get more cities on the map and share the food love!!! Comment below or drop me a message, I'd love to explore them!!