Wow it's been a while! A whole year since I've been here. So much, yet so little has happened at the same time! I usually do a things I've learned, or a reflection of the year just ending, but it didn't seem right for 2020. I don't really do resolutions, I can't seem to stick to them, forget them, or just lose track of them. This year, for 2021, I'm taking some old, and creating some new daily habits, and these are the 5 I'm aiming for this year.
• Morning Coffee Thoughts I've been sharing my morning coffee thoughts over on my Instagram for over a year now, and I have no plans to stop! At first it forced me to have some quiet time to contemplate in the mornings. Now it's become that much of a habit, its as natural as brushing my teeth! It helps me to connect with myself in the morning, and from the feedback from you, it's inspired you to do your own morning thoughts too. If you don't already, I encourage you to try it. You don't have to share it with the world, but it feels really good to write it down and maybe look back over it at a later date.
• Daily Mobility As a yoga teacher, I stretch a lot, I'm flexible, and pretty mobile, but during the last 12 months or so, I've started to pick up injuries, and niggles, and after the most recent niggle, turned into a lot more, and ended in ongoing treatment, I decided to focus on mobility more focussed to Crossfit (alongside the yoga don't worry!). Since 1st Jan, I've done mobility work for 10-20 minutes every morning, before I start my day., and already I'm feeling the benefits (I'm using Map Online if you're keen to try it for yourself, and can't recommend it enough!)
• Read Daily I'm already pretty good at this one, as I love to read before I go to sleep, but this year, I want to broaden my reading horizons and try some different styles and genres of books (any recommendations are more than welcomed!)
• More Meditation I have such an on/off relationship with meditation.I love it when I do it, I feel the benefits, but I never seem to make the time enough. I go through stages of religiously meditating, then going weeks, even months without even giving it a second thought. it's something I'm working on bringing back to my routine, and I know I need to make it a habit for it to stick.
• Spend less time worrying about what others think It's one that kind of hard to measure, but one that's very important to me. There are so many times where I stop, doubt myself, and even don't follow through with things, for the worry of imposter syndrome, or worrying about how it may be perceived by others. I'm trying really hard in 2021, to care a little less about the opinions of others, and following my heart without question.
So that's it! 5 things that I'm working on at the moment, If you feel inspired, I'd love you to share your habits for 2021 over on social @zoewoodwardyoga