So today is apparently Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year. Where most New Year resolutions will have been broken, with a couple more weeks till pay day and the post Christmas blues well and truly set in.
Instead of wallowing in self pity and feeling even worse why not join me in making yourself feel better about everything and turn today into a day of self love and care!
Here are my top 5 tips to turn Blue Monday into YOU Monday!
1) Get some exercise in! It doesn't have to be a workout, or an hour long sweat session. Wrap up and get outside for a walk. 30 minutes brisk walking will not only warm you up by giving your circulation a boost but clear your mind making way for some positive thinking!
2) Light a candle, run an indulgent bath, grab a book, shut the door and escape. Try my absolute favourite Gemporia for some true self care indulgence.
3) Dance! Who doesn't feel better with their favourite music blasting from the speakers singing at the top of your lungs. Put on your favourite song and sing and dance your heart out!
4) Be kind, to both yourself ad others. Try a random act of kindness today. Smile at a stranger, call a friend you haven't spoken to for ages, make a colleague a cup of tea unexpectedly. Not only does it make the other person feel good, it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling you are making someone else happy! (Research has show this positive effect can last for up to 6 weeks in some cases if we do 5 random acts of kindness a day!)
5) Get a good breakfast in! Try a smoothie. Add berries, banana and milk (or milk substitute, almond, coconut etc) to a blender and blend (banana contains mood boosting tryptophan). Pour into a bowl and top with more antioxidant rich berries and a drizzle of peanut or almond butter (helps to stabilise the blood sugar so helps balance your mood) Add some tummy pleasing (and mood boosting ) grated dark chocolate or coconut flakes and you have yourself a happy bowl of yum!
Try any or all (like i will!) of these tips to make today Happy Monday! Let me know your tips, I'd love to hear your instant mood boosters!